Exchange students are those who are nominated by an overseas university under bilateral exchange agreement. Exchange program candidates can apply through the International Office of their home university. Tuition is paid to the home university, and in most cases the application and documentation fee is waived.
APPLY as exchange student >>
Visiting individual - Students those who are planning to attend SPP RANEPA for a semester or two NOT through the student exchange channel. Tuition is paid to SPP RANEPA, and the application and documentation fee should be paid at the time of application.
APPLY as Visiting individual >>
Semester Fulfillment Requirement
The program is for students who are already enrolled in a higher education institution and would like to conduct studies for one or two semesters at the School of Public Policy RANEPA.
- This program is open to 4-year college or university students who are currently studying at their home universities as full-time students, and have completed two (2) semesters (or the equivalent) before the nomination/application period.
- For transfer students or graduate students, a minimum of one semester's results from the university must appear on the official transcripts.
To be eligible for an exchange with the RANEPA, you must be a registered student at one of our partner universities. Many partnership agreements are subject-specific, so check that the agreement with RANEPA is in your subject area. The International Office at your home university will be able to provide you with help and advice.
Check our provisional module catalog to see whether we offer modules that fit with your study program at your home institution. Discuss your module choices with your home academic advisor.
Your university must officially nominate you by email before you can apply. The nomination should include your full name, subject area, level of study, whether you wish to come for Fall semester or Spring semester. You will then be contacted by School of Public Policy RANEPA and advised on the application process.
Nomination deadlines (by your University):
For Fall semester:1 May
For Spring semester: 15 October
Application deadlines (submit online application):
For Fall semester:20 May
For Spring semester: 15 November
Arrival to Moscow:
For Fall semester: 30 August - 7 September
For Spring semester: 1 February - 10 February
Departure from Moscow:
For Fall semester: before December 26
For Spring semester: before July 20
Semester in Moscow offers a wide array of courses across disciplines for undergraduate and graduate students. Russian language training is available at all levels, and students can also enroll in SPP’s Russian-taught courses if their command of the language is strong enough.
Workload and credits
- 12-week semester of 12 weeks, from 18 to 36 contact hours per week
- The choice of 3 to 5 courses corresponding to 18 to 30 credits.
- Each subject course carries 6 credits (3 US credits) and is taught for 4 academic hours per week plus homework. Delivered through lectures and seminar sessions for which home reading is assigned, each course involves submitting one or two essays.
- The Russian language is taught for 8 hours per week in groups corresponding to proficiency level. Final evaluation can include the official TORFL test for additional payment.
SPP RANEPA Fact Sheet for International Students 2017-2018
List of Semester Programs in English: