Government Scholarships (Quotes)Learn about enrolment based on the results of examinations on a university's site.
The government scholarship includes:
- free tuition for the entire duration of the chosen programme;
- maintenance allowance (for the entire duration of study regardless of the candidate's success). In 2016, an average scholarship amounted to 1,300 roubles a month (approximately USD 21);
- dormitory accommodation (if available).
Applicants should apply to the programmes they wish to enter and indicate whether they are applying for a scholarship (in the case that scholarships are available for their chosen programs). If the application is considered to be outstanding by the application committee, the applicant will be recommended for a scholarship.
Please note that scholarships cover only the cost of tuition and that all other costs (including accommodation at RANEPA dormitory) must be covered by the student. Information about the estimated cost of living can be found here.
School of Public Policy RANEPA also offers a wide range of tuition fee discounts to international applicants who are not eligible for Russian government scholarships.
- Download government scholarship application form.
- Download sample completed government scholarship application form.
ADMISSIONS PROCEDURE1) Foreign citizens enrolling under the quota program shall furnish the following documents to the Department for International Affairs:
- the application form available on RANEPA's website;
- an original document from a foreign state verifying previous education with an authenticated translation into Russian, stating the full name of the applicant and listing the classes studied with final grades, and a translation of any relevant supplemental material;
- a legal document verifying the person’s identity and nationality;
- a copy of the Russian Federation entry visa (if the foreign national has arrived previously on an entry visa);
- an authenticated medical evaluation;
- a medical certificate confirming that the applicant is HIV-negative;
- an authenticated copy of the applicant's birth certificate (if available);
- six 3x4 cm photographs (black-and-white, on matte paper).
2) All foreign citizens must have an admissions interview.
3) Foreign citizens are enrolled if they have a successful interview and provide the required package of documents. All applicants will be informed about entrance interviews dates after these dates have been set.
4) The package of documents required for enrollment shall be submitted in the presence of the applicant or their proxy.
5) Foreign citizens enrolled with funding from the Russian Federation shall be provided dorm accommodations.
TIMELINENovember 1, 2016 - April 1, 2017: applications submitted during this time will be considered for full-tuition scholarships for graduate programmes.
November 1, 2016 - June 2, 2017: applications submitted during this time will be considered for full-tuition scholarships for undergraduate programmes.